- Care of acute and chronic health issues and injuries
- Preventative and wellness care
- Lab work, prescriptions, and medications
- Assessment and referral to local specialists
- Short-term, individual counseling services for all Merrimack students
- Consultation to parents, students, faculty and staff who have concerns
- Assessment and referrals for specialized services, psychiatric care, or long-term counseling
- Counselor on-call for after-hours crisis intervention
All Hamel services are free of charge for enrolled Merrimack students.
Education and Programming
Health and Counseling Services offers a wide variety of educational programming to the campus community to increase awareness and promote health and wellness. Workshops, seminars, and groups are held throughout the school year to address a wide range of topics.