- Care of acute and chronic health issues and injuries.
- Preventative and wellness care.
- Lab work, prescriptions and medications.
- Assessment and referral to local specialists.
- Short-term, individual counseling services for all Merrimack students.
- Consultation to parents, students, faculty and staff who have concerns.
- Assessment and referrals for specialized services, psychiatric care or long-term counseling.
- Counselor on call for after-hours crisis intervention.
All Hamel services are free of charge for enrolled Merrimack students.
Education and Programming
Health and Counseling Services offers a wide variety of educational programming to the campus community to increase awareness and promote health and wellness. Workshops, seminars and groups are held throughout the school year to address a wide range of topics.