Position Overview: The Assistant Director of Student Success: Holistic Cross Training & Success Coach Program will have two unique though related roles. First, s/he coordinates the holistic cross training of around 125 Merrimack staff. This training consists of foundation level coaching in: academic support, career exploration, wellness, & personal finance. As such, s/he will make arrangements for campus professionals or external professionals to conduct training/workshops on a continual and cyclical basis. S/he will also work with campus professionals to locate and create online based training mechanisms and track the completion of training for all appropriate staff. Second, s/he will coordinate the holistic success coaching for around 90 Merrimack staff, as well as, student peer coaches. This includes making assignments, assessing engagement & student satisfaction and measuring outcomes. This position will report to the Assistant Dean of Student Success: Support Programs.
- Manage the college wide success coaching program
- Coordinate the holistic cross-training of designated employees
- Locate, create or coordinate the creation of online training modules
- Track and “badge” all cross-training
- Hire, train & supervise student success coaches
- Make assignments of students to success coaches
- Monitor/track engagement of coaches and students
- Communicate with coaches on a regular basis
- Lead group meetings of success coaches
- Provide a dotted line support to all success coaches
- Manage the Slate component of the program
- Teach one section of First Year Experience each year
- Review deliverables of each success coach to include; meetings with students, engagement with students, outreach to students and moving students to career services products
- Coach a small caseload of students
- 3-5 years experience in higher education
- Masters Degree
- Advance knowledge of spreadsheets, data collection and reporting
- Strong background in relationship building
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.