Position Overview: The Department of Visual and Performing Arts invites applications for adjunct position(s) for various undergraduate courses in Graphic Design. Individuals should be interested in working within an exciting, growing academic environment, with a contemporary perspective on graphic design, web and mobile technology. The Graphic Design major is one of three majors within the Department of Visual & Performing Arts in the School of Liberal Arts. Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis, but there is immediate need for spring 2020.
- MFA or equivalent terminal degree in Graphic Design, or closely related field by contract start date
- Thorough knowledge of discipline’s contemporary processes, theory, criticism, and technologies
- College-level teaching experience, or other teaching experience that is equivalent
- Professional demonstration of excellence in Graphic Design
- 2D Design
- Introductory Typography and Layout
- Web Design
- UX Design
- Animation and Motion Graphics
To Apply: Please apply online. Application reviews are on-going. Visit the Visual and Performing Arts Department website for more information about the College and program. Please include the following in your application:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum Vitae
• Samples of relevant course syllabi
• Contact information for three professional references
• Digital samples or a link to professional work
• Digital samples or a link to student work
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.