Adjunct Instructor, Data Visualization
Position Overview: The Data Science and Business Analytics cross-disciplinary Master’s program at Merrimack College seeks adjunct faculty to teach online courses in the area of Data Visualization. Combining the strengths of the School of Engineering & Science and the Girard School of Business, the Data Science and Business Analytics online Master’s degrees are new, high-growth programs where data visualization and translating data into meaningful insights using cutting-edge visual representations of data are core elements of the program.
Qualifications: Candidates should have experience teaching data visualization, working in Tableau and bridging the gap between theory and practice with industry perspective in teaching. Previous experience teaching online in executive programs or other programs focused on working adult students preferred. Master’s degree is required, Ph.D preferred. Additional data science and business analytics program courses may also be available depending on background and interest.
Flexible schedule and the ability to work remotely along with a program success coach provided for student support.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae and evidence of teaching ratings/teaching excellence.
About Merrimack College
Founded in 1947, Merrimack College is a selective, independent college in the Catholic, Augustinian tradition whose mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives. Sitting on a beautiful 220-acre campus in North Andover Massachusetts, and with over 90 academic programs to choose from, students come from all across the United States and around the globe to pursue undergraduate degrees in the liberal arts, business, science and engineering, and education programs as well as the master’s programs in many areas including online offerings.
Throughout the curriculum, students can take advantage of applied, hands-on opportunities including cooperative education and internships, research with faculty, study abroad and service learning. Merrimack College has been ranked one of the top 10 best colleges in the Northeast for the last 3 years by U.S. News and World Report and is consistently rated a “Best of the Northeast” college by Princeton Review.
Inspired by the Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue, Merrimack College’s vision is to:
- Prepare students to adapt creatively to tomorrow’s realities through excellence in the liberal arts, sciences, and the professions;
- Build a community of scholars welcoming and respecting a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and perspectives;
- Cultivate the intellectual, moral, spiritual, physical, and personal awareness needed to make wise choices for life, career, and service;
- Encourage and support scholarly work that contributes to the wisdom on which society bases its decisions;
- Engage other educational institutions, industry, and agencies of social change in collaborative efforts fostering a just, peaceful, and sustainable world.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.