Position Overview: The Administrative Assistant provides office support in the daily operation of the Financial Aid Office and serves as the first point of contact to providing customer service to students, families, and campus colleagues.
- Delivers customer service in greeting visitors, answering telephone inquiries, returning voice mail messages, and setting up appointments.
- Provides information and assistance to students and families regarding the options for obtaining financial aid, the process for requesting aid, required forms and deadlines, and the eligibility requirements for receiving and maintaining aid.
- Interacts with students and/or families to follow up on missing application information and provides application status updates.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience working in higher education and/or similar role
- Experience with PowerFAIDS
- A working knowledge of federal Title IV, Massachusetts state, and institutional regulations and procedures to ensure compliance
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
To Apply: This is a full time, fiscal year position. Please apply with resume and cover letter.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.