Position Overview: The Administrative Assistant will support the Director in carrying out the mission and daily operations of the Interdisciplinary Institute, a site for collaboration, exploration, and innovation for faculty and students. This position combines administrative duties with an opportunity to support programs and initiatives.
This position is a full-time, 35 hour a week, 10-month position with excellent benefits.
- Provide a welcoming presence for faculty, students, and visitors
- Assist director with event planning, including space scheduling, food orders, and publicity
- Communicate with faculty, staff, and students
- Update web page and maintain regular social media posts
- Complete routine administrative tasks and processes
- Assist with advertising, marketing, and outreach for units’ activities and special events
- Communicate with Advisory Board members and Affiliated Faculty
- Serve as a resource for students
- Assist director with administrative tasks such as completing and processing expense reports, purchase orders, etc.
- Assist director in maintaining, tracking, and updating budgets
- Process honorarium for invited speakers
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience providing administrative assistance, preferably in a higher education setting
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher),Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms, and
- Calendars),database management, iPad apps (Explain Everything, Notability, etc.), and other technology- and/or web-based tools
- Carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Solicit and respond to feedback
- Maintain confidentiality
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter, resume, and names of three references, including one of a recent supervisor.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.