Position Description & Responsibilities
Under limited direction, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for administrative support to staff within the department. Perform day-to-day administrative tasks and functions such as drafting correspondence, schedule appointments, organize & maintain paper & electronic files, and provide information to others. Establish and implement efficient office workflow and processes through continuous process improvement.
- Carry out the following duties and responsibilities for all departments comprising the Office of Mission and Ministry, including the Vice President for Mission and Ministry, the Grace J. Palmisano Center for Campus Ministry, the Stevens Service Learning Center, the Hands to Help Community Outreach Center, and the Austin Scholars Living/Learning Community.
- Greet and assist all staff and visitors to the Vice President’s office and the Center for Campus Ministry. Answer all telephone calls, email and other correspondence in a timely manner. Refer to other departments or resources, if appropriate. Serve as backup to answer phone calls for other departments when needed.
- Provide both day to day and complex office support including data entry and system maintenance; auditing; complete, process and track forms; obtain signatory approvals; file (electronic & paper); records maintenance; process mail; advanced reporting; mail merges; reconciliations; schedule/calendar management; event organization; coordination of travel and registrations; PO and expense processing.
- Administratively manage department projects, including tasks such as maintain meeting notes, track progress, ensuring all team members know their roles/responsibilities, and providing updates on project status.
- Maintain office supply inventory, order publications and other materials as needed.
- Submit payroll requests for student workers.
- Schedule vans/buses for off campus activities such as service learning and retreats.
- Schedule and plan events and meetings using appropriate campus systems and resources such as Flavors Catering, ASKIT, Maintenance Request System and room scheduling system, EMS, and the coordination of the cleaning services for the Hands to Help Center at 60 Island Street, Lawrence. Coordinate the scheduling of necessary trainings for staff and students such as CPR, Safe Serve, Protecting God’s Children, etc.
- Prepare and proofread correspondence, letters, memos, reports, project specifications and other materials
- Use campus systems such as ADP Applicant Tracking System,
- CARS/Jenzabar, Adaptive, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bacherlor’s Degree Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Word, Excel and Power Point. Google Drive, Google Suite to include calendar
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to multitasks with minimal supervision
- Adaptability and openness to learn
- Some experience preferred but not essential if open to learning.
- Some experience with providing office support and performing required duties
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 9/19/21
Position Code: 880