Administrative Assistant, Writing Ctr, Tutoring & Math (PT)
Position Overview: Reporting to both the Assistant Dean of Student Success: Director of the Tutoring & Math Center and the Director of the Writing Center, and working in close cooperation with other personnel in the Academic Success Center, the Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for facilitating the efficient operation of both the Tutoring & Math Center, a drop-in Center for all students enrolled at the College, and the Writing Center, which offers writing consultations, typically by appointment but with some limited drop-in consultations. The position is a twelve-month position for twenty hours per week; schedule is negotiable.
- Coordinate the accurate and timely completion of routine administrative department tasks and processes
- Prepare materials for and facilitate planning of training, workshops, and meetings
- Prepare employee timesheets for payroll
- Facilitate communication between the Directors and staffs, as well as with others on campus
- Design and/or order printed and other materials and supplies
- Update web pages and maintain regular social media posts
- Assist in the recording, collection, management, and analysis of data
- Access information from the College’s data management systems
- Provide a welcoming presence for all visitors and employees
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience providing administrative assistance, preferably in a higher education setting
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Calendars), database management, iPad apps (Explain Everything, Notability, etc.), and other technology- and/or web-based tools
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively with all members of the staff and other employees of the College
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume. This is a 12 months, 20 hours per week position.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.