Position Overview: Reporting to the Director of Admission for Visitor Services & Events, the Admission Counselor of Visitor Services will be an integral part of the Admission team. S/he will assist in the organization of the Welcome Center to ensure all prospective families and other targeted campus visitors have the best possible visit experience as a guest at Merrimack.
The Admission Counselor for Visitor Services works with prospective students through every stage of the campus visit process. A close eye to detail and excellent customer service are key qualities for this position. This person will present on average, 4-5 weekly admission information sessions and conduct prospective student interviews.
The Admission Counselor for Visitor Services will also support the Director of Admission for Visitor Services & Events with the planning, and implementation of both on and off campus admission events that happen throughout the year. Working closely with the Director, this person will ensure these events are both innovative, organized, effective, and meet high standards.
- Present on average 4-5 weekly admission information sessions to prospective students and families
- Assist in event execution for admission events both on and off campus, to ensure these events meet high standards. This would include Open Houses, Academic Preview Days, Admitted Student Days, yield receptions, and other various admission events.
- Collaborate with the Director of Admission for Visitor Services & Events and other members of the Welcome Center team to continually identify areas to enhance a high-quality visit experience. Actively participate in the development and implementation stages of new enhancements.
- Conduct interviews to prospective students and families
- Work as a transfer liaison to ensure transfer student guests are getting specialized attention when visiting Merrimack.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience delivering exceptional customer service to a diverse array of customers.
- Strong multi-talking, organization, and management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, with excellent public speaking skills.
- Self-starter that continually strives to improve processes, communication, and team effectiveness.
- Willingness to work night and weekends as needed at various times throughout the year is required.
- Willingness to travel, as needed
- Valid U.S. Driving license and U.S. Passport.
This is a full time, fiscal year position.
To Apply: Please apply with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.