Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Advancement Services unit is responsible for the processing and acknowledgement of gifts, pledges, and transactions and managing information in the constituent relationship management (CRM) system that supports the work of the Office of Development and Alumni Relations (ODAR). Advancement Services develops, implements, and executes processes to ensure the accurate and timely processing of gifts, event registrations, and constituent information in support of the College’s fundraising and alumni relations activities. The Advancement Services Associate reports to the Assistant Director, Advancement Services, performing a variety of duties associated with highly confidential gift processing functions. Responsibilities include:
- Daily processing of gifts, pledges and payments.
- Prepare gift batches, coordinating deposits, and generating reports for the Business Office and the Office of Development and Alumni Relations.
- Assist with updating and documenting procedures for gift recording and reporting.
- Build and update online giving campaign pages in the CRM as needed.
- Perform research as needed to resolve donor relations issues involving gifts/payments.
- Manage matching gift activities including maintaining ODAR user accounts for companies’ matching gift portals. Submit, review and approve matching gift requests.
- Generate gift receipts and acknowledgements and work with the Director of Stewardship to produce custom letters for gifts outside of the standard acknowledgement process.
- Produce and distribute acknowledgement reports as needed (In Honor/Memory Of, lists of donors to various campus partners, new donor reports, etc.).
- Update digital acknowledgements in the CRM as needed.
- Coordinate with the Assistant Director, Advancement Services to identify and resolve data entry and integrity issues.
- Update and add constituent records to the CRM.
- Assist with processing data updates (i.e. NCOA, unsubscribes, etc.).
- Perform ad hoc prospect research and prepare research briefings as needed.
- Perform data imports, exports and queries as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretely handle donor data and payment information according to standards of PCI compliance.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- At least two years of experience using a fundraising CRM or other database systems.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue. Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application Materials Should Include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Code: 851