Position Overview: Under the direction of the Associate Director of Alumni Relations, the Alumni Engagement Associate will assist with the coordination and implementation of Alumni Relations programs, including young alumni, reunion programs, senior class gift and student audiences. This position is responsible for implementing best practices/strategies to utilize events as alumni, student, and donor engagement opportunities in order to meet unit goals. They will build positive relationships with internal and external partners. They will create and manage meaningful opportunities targeted at young alumni and students that will strengthen their relationship with Merrimack through involvement in events, programs, and related experiences.
- Responsible for creating, managing and executing an engagement plan for student and young alumni that encourages and fosters their life- long relationship with Merrimack College.
- Manages a portfolio of young alumni prospects in order to cultivate and develop as part of an overall engagement strategy.
- Works with Development and Alumni communications team to creates social media strategy for young alumni. Understand best practices and keeps up to date on the latest technologies, channels etc .. to reach alumni.
- Responsible for overseeing volunteer recruitment, management and motivation for the 5th and 10th reunions.
- Work with Office of Student Involvement on developing a Student/Alumni program to help students understand/transition from the student to alumni community.
- Develop and implement robust senior class engagement and giving program in conjunction with Office of Student Involvement and annual giving colleagues.
- Provide logistical support for events and meetings including attendee management, reporting, name tag preparation, and post-event data updates.
- Maintain open communications with alumni; provide assistance when asked by alumni; provide follow-up with alumni when necessary.
- Work within the fiscal budget when planning and implementing programs.
- Perform other related duties for the College/Alumni Relations as assigned.
- Develop skills in the latest technology pertinent to your position.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and two to three experience in volunteer management, alumni relations and /or development.
- Two to three experience in volunteer management, alumni relations and /or development.
- Familiarity with Millenum, Constant Contact, QGiv, Thankview and social media platforms.
- The ability for some travel and to work occasionally on weekends and evenings
- An aptitude for collaborating with others and balancing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work to maximize productivity and respond effectively to change
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and quality in work produced
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Serve as a positive member of the College’s Development and Alumni staff contributing towards achievement of goals related to the College’s alumni engagement and participation.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.