Position Overview: Merrimack College is searching for an Assistant Director of Financial Aid Operations. The Assistant Director of Operations is critical to providing customer service and technology support to our families, students, and colleagues. This position will be responsible for the day to day counseling and training offered to a specific caseload of students and families, along with additional supervisory, operations and administrative tasks.
- Provide counsel to our specialty populations, including athletes, endowed scholarship recipients, and Yellow Ribbon participants
- Supervise financial aid counselors responsible for graduate and professional studies students
- Review and award student financial aid, perform federal verification, and process appeals
- Process all Return of Title IV fund calculations and returns
- Manage and reconcile endowed scholarship program
- Coordinate all aspects of Merrimack’s financial literacy program
- Run daily reports out of PowerFAIDS
- Certify and disburse alternative loans
- Assist in processing of federal loans/grants
- Provide backup support to Associate Director for operational needs
- Intercede with IT, Bursar, Registrar, Athletics, Admission and other offices as needed to resolve student issues.
- Conduct financial aid sessions and trainings
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed at various times throughout the year
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- A strong commitment to customer service
- Excellent technological knowledge, and ability to learn new software easily
- Three years or more of financial aid experience in a higher education setting
- Good working knowledge of federal Title IV, Massachusetts state, and institutional regulations and procedures to ensure compliance
- Experience with federal financial aid data systems including NSLDS, FAA Access, and COD
- Experience with PowerFAIDS is preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.