Position Overview: The Assistant Director will support the mission and daily operations of two interdisciplinary units in the School of Liberal Arts: the Interdisciplinary Institute and the Women’s and Gender Studies Department. The institute is a site for collaboration, exploration, and innovation for faculty and students and the Women’s and Gender Department is an exciting and growing program, offers both a Major and a Minor as well as extra-curricular activities. This position is a full-time, twelve-month exempt position.
- Communicate with staff and faculty in interdisciplinary programs in the School of Liberal Arts and across campus.
- Provide a welcoming presence for faculty, students, and visitors
- Assist directors with event planning, including space scheduling, food orders, and publicity
- complete routine administrative tasks and processes
- Assist with advertising, marketing and outreach for units’ activities and special events
- Communicate with Advisory Board members and Affiliated Faculty
- Serve as a resource for students
- Assist directors with administrative tasks such as completing and processing expense reports, purchase orders, etc.
- Assist directors in maintain, tracking, and updating budgets
- Identify external grant opportunities
- Process honorarium for invited speakers
- Update web pages and maintain regular social media posts
- Maintain faculty database
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 year experience providing administrative assistance, preferably in a higher education setting
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Calendars), database management, iPad apps (Explain Everything, Notability, etc.), and other technology- and/or web-based tools
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter, resume and names of three references.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.