Position Overview: Merrimack College seeks a results-orientated individual to join the Office of Undergraduate Admission as an Assistant Director of Admission. Reporting to the Associate Director of Admission, this individual will be a part of a dynamic, highly-motivated team responsible for recruiting and enrolling first-time undergraduate students.
As such, the Assistant Director of Admission’s primary charge is to maintain responsibility of a geographic territory. (S)he will develop, plan, and execute various recruitment strategies designed to drive enrollment. A successful candidate will be comfortable using data and market research to make informed decisions, while also exhibiting the ability to think creatively and outside of the box. Preference will be given to candidates with experience recruiting in the Mid-Atlantic – specifically New York (New York City, Westchester/Rockland, and Long Island), New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. In addition, this individual will be responsible for fostering relationships with prospective students, families, secondary school counselors, alumni, and other constituents of the College within his/her territory. Therefore, (s)he should have excellent communication skills and a talent for developing relationships.
The Assistant Director of Admission will also provide leadership and oversight in other specialized roles and projects as determined by the Associate Director of Admission after evaluating the professional strengths, experiences, and interests of the candidate selected for the position, in addition to the needs of the Office.
- Ability to thrive in a data-orientated, analytical environment
- Superior written, verbal, and public speaking communication skills
- Comfort using data and research to make informed decisions
- Talent for establishing and maintain effective relationships with prospective students, parents, school counselors, alumni, colleagues, members of the Merrimack community, and others
- Ability to think creatively and outside of the box
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- The responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, implement, and participate in on and off-campus recruitment and yield activities designed to guide students from prospect to matriculant.
- Represent Merrimack College to prospective students and their families by attending college fairs/nights and individual visits to high schools, in addition to conducting on-campus group information sessions for students, parents and school counselors.
- Provide exceptional customer service, by establishing channels of communication with prospective students to introduce them to and inform them of Merrimack College; facilitate their relationship with the institution throughout the admission process – inquiry through enrolled student.
- Assist students in the application process through encouragement, answering questions, and providing other advice.
- Read and evaluate applications for admission and participate in the admission committee that makes admission decisions.
- Develop and maintain a network of school and education counselor contacts. Continue to maintain relationships throughout the year; keeping these contacts apprised of current news about the Merrimack community.
- Share responsibility for meeting institutional enrollment goals.
- Participate in all signature admission events including Academic Preview Day, Open House and Admitted Student Day as well as Welcome Center counselor coverage
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in undergraduate admission preferred.
- Experience with Slate CRM and applicant management system preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel independently for extended periods of time with overnights
- Ability and willingness to work outside nights and weekends as needed
- Valid U.S. Driving license and U.S. Passport.
This is a full time, fiscal year position.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.