Position Description & Responsibilities
The Graduate Office of Admission at Merrimack College is looking for an Assistant Director of Operations. Reporting to the Director of Graduate Admission and Recruitment, the Assistant Director is responsible for the overall design, operations, maintenance and support of the Technolutions Slate customer relationship management (CRM) platform, used to facilitate the graduate prospective student and applicant enrollment funnel. This individual will work collaboratively to support the Graduate Admission and Graduate marketing teams and with campus partners (Graduate Marketing, Undergraduate Admission, Information Technology, Institutional Effectiveness, etc.) to provide overall management of the Slate CRM functionality to include applications, document management, inquiry and applicant life cycles, operations of digital communications, workflows technical admission systems support, event management, user training, system integrations, reporting, and other special projects.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate exceptional CRM, organizational and communication skills as well as knowledge and skills in the area of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and cultural competence.
- Oversees the day-to-day administration and management of the Slate CRM platform;
- Responsible for data integrity, processing and system integration of all graduate applicants through various systems and technologies including but not limited to: Slate, CX, Cognos, ATCAs;
- Collaborates with marketing & admission team members to plan and execute recruiting events and all Slate related efforts tied to events and campaigns;
- Liaises with partners and vendors on data imports and exports and data integration and support in alignment with parameters of partner and vendor relationships;
- Creates and maintains reports for the department and constituents outside of the department using Slate and Tableau;
- Creates process for building and approving Slate queries for funnel communication and relationship management efforts among the admission, marketing and academic program areas;
- Creates and manages all Slate workflows related to the graduate funnel including event management, communications, lead scoring, application processing and cycle preparation, form development, website integration following industry and technology best practices;
- Ensures accuracy, high quality and integrity of data through assessment and quality control reviews, audits, deduplication, testing, etc;
- Identifies, recommends and implements new Slate CRM functionality and enhancements to support marketing, recruiting and admission efforts and goals;
- Performs system configurations, maintenance, enhancement and quality control processes for all online applications, from submission through decision release; oversees data rolls (Slate to CX);
- Maintains graduate program codes to be consistent with Enterprise Applications and related offices (Registrar, Bursar, Institutional Research);
- Supports the office of Institutional Research with graduate admission reports as needed (NSC, CGS etc.);
- Oversees new program implementation in graduate admission systems and across departments on campus;
- Serves as primary technical liaison for the graduate instance of Slate with internal campus partners and provides end user training and support including managing user accounts, profiles and permissions;
- Serves as a Designated School Official in SEVIS, supporting the Office of International Student Support;
- Remains an active member of the Slate community by participating in Slate user groups, webinars and other professional development opportunities as available;
- Manages support tickets for the Graduate Admission Office (Slate and CX);
- Special projects and reports as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in an operational focused CRM role, Slate experience preferred;
- 2-3 years of experience in a higher education or admission enrollment management role preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of the operations of a CRM (Slate preferred) involving implementing, customizing and managing a CRM system including details such as online forms, process builders, data integration and liquid mark-up tools;
- Working knowledge of Tableau, Cogos, HTML, Powerfaids, CX;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to thrive in a data-oriented and analytical environment;
- Strong proficiency in excel with the ability to write and combine formulas, utilize pivot tables and pivot reporting, conditional formatting, write macros, and generate charts and reports;
- Ability to meet timelines, deliverables, and exercise good judgment while dealing with sensitive and confidential information; Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight and shifting deadlines;
- Ability to work accurately under time pressure and to handle multiple responsibilities at one time; ability to work independently and in group settings;
- Cross-cultural competence and ability to communicate effectively with students from diverse backgrounds;
- Evidence of a strong commitment to and experience with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, preferably in a higher education setting;
- Flexibility and adaptability to shift in changing priorities;
- The ability to complete special projects independently.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 9/12/21
Position Code: 725