Position Overview: The Assistant Director will oversee the Drive Program at Merrimack College. She/he will plan and coordinate all aspects of the program which has an end result of increasing success and retention of students in the program. The Assistant Director will work closely with students and with colleagues from across the college and with other members of the Academic Success Center.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative and cooperative relationships with faculty teaching Drive students.
- Meet one on one with students in the Drive Program and serve as an academic success coach to them.
- Teach at least one section of First Year Experience.
- Supervise Drive staff including other success coaches, graduate assistants, graduate fellows and peer mentors.
- Monitor progress of Drive students and create additional programming in support of these students.
- Manage Drive program budgets, complete assessments, and planning for future growth.
- Take part as appropriate in Admissions events and orientations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree
- 2- 3 years experience as a success coach or advisor. Experience working in college transition programs.
- The Assistant Director must possess knowledge of the several areas of expertise represented in the Academic Success Center including, coaching, advising, residential life, financial aid, tutoring and mental health counseling is also a plus.
- The AD needs to be aware of and be able to recognize the signs of and to be able to communicate with respect to: learning disabilities, mental health concerns, intercultural differences, study strategies and skills, retention best practices.
- The AD must possess knowledge of the general college curriculum so as to advise students on multiple courses of study from all schools within the college.
- The AD must possess excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- The AD must be an expert in strategies concerning time management, note- taking, critical reading, test- taking and general student support services.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.