Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Assistant Director, Task Force will serve as a key coordinating member of the Task Force which provides a single source location for questions on information ranging from operations at the institution, clarification of campus policies, assisting with institutional logistics, and acting as a single stop for our students, faculty, staff, and parents. This position is responsible for triaging, documenting and responding to inquiries that members of our community depend upon.
- Coordinate and oversee the operations of a single source location for questions on information ranging from operations at the institution, clarification of campus policies, assisting with institutional logistics, and acting as a single stop for our students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- The Assistant Director, Task Force coordinates the operation of the Task Force unit. They are responsible for triaging, documenting and responding to all inquiries that members of our community reach out for. This includes coverage of the Task Force phone and email for the assigned open hours year round.
- Responsible for remaining current on all college wide policies and procedures including but not limited to all handbooks, e-mail communications and internal policy documents at all times. Develop and maintain relationships with campus partners to ensure a seamless transition from Task Force outreach through follow up conversations.
- Maintain accurate accounts of interactions on phone calls and emails and track themes of questions and concerns to regularly report on to senior leadership.
- Remain keenly aware of areas that may need immediate attention or policy revision based on developing themes from community outreach and develop a response plan with the Chief of Staff to the Executive Vice President, Chief Financial and Operating Officer.
- Operate with a specific focus on customer service and policy implementation. This includes, regular reporting of and tracking on various topics regarding faculty, staff, students and guests. Maintain accurate databases and statistics while providing appropriate follow up to individuals who contact the Task Force.
- Assist in communication flow addressing community needs as it pertains to major campus events including, opening of the academic year, orientation, open houses, academic preview days, guest policy, athletic events, Commencement, etc. Serve on campus wide committees as required.
- Assist with coordination and execution of paperwork including but not limited to; contracts, purchase orders, check requests, payment vouchers, and any items for signature
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree required, masters degree in higher education or similar preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google App Suite
- Excellent problem recognition skills and ability to address concerns in a timely fashion.
- Experience working on a college campus specifically with college community members (students, parents, faculty and staff).
- Understand and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information often heard or seen in an executive level office.
- Comfortable multitasking and prioritizing tasks without guidance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for 3 references
- This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 12/6/21
Position Code: 920, 921