Position Overview: The purpose of this position is to serve as a member of Merrimack College’s Marketing team and to create and execute annual undergraduate marketing communications plans in support of the College’s undergraduate enrollment goals.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Undergraduate Enrollment Marketing, The Assistant Director of Undergraduate Enrollment Marketing is responsible for supporting and executing integrated undergraduate marketing and communications strategies. Annual plans will support Merrimack College’s institutional undergraduate goals by using the College’s foundation to drive the enrollment funnel from prospective student/inquiry through admitted student. A key responsibility will include project management among all mediums, including, but not limited to print, digital, and social. He or she will work in close partnership with enrollment management and the undergraduate admissions team to support and execute strategies throughout the year.
Close collaboration within the Marketing team is also essential to ensure proper representation of undergraduate programs and admissions on Merrimack’s website, to continuously evaluate and optimize digital prospective student generation and engagement campaigns, and to monitor and contribute to Merrimack’s social media channels with a focus on appropriate and compelling content and messages for the undergraduate audience.
The Assistant Director is able to synthesize content from various sources and strategize how to best use that content to tell Merrimack’s story. This individual is an integral part of the Undergraduate Marketing team and the work to best support undergraduate enrollment goals and Merrimack College’s brand.
- Plan and create content that supports undergraduate enrollment goals;
- Serve as the lead content creator for social and video efforts aligning with marketing initiatives in the department;
- Serve as point person for the undergraduate marketing calendar, including but not limited to print, email, social, and website;
- Plan and execute communication flows to the various stages of the undergraduate funnel;
- Serve as primary creator of every email sent through the Slate interface;
- Collaborate with external vendors such as graphic designers and copywriters;
- Represent Undergraduate Marketing at relevant meetings and serve as liaison with campus strategic partners as appropriate;
- Share metrics on marketing campaign performance, analyze relevant data, and provide recommendations on adjustments or opportunities;
- Project manage projects from start to completion – covering all mediums that will support undergraduate goals – by creating timelines, trafficking projects, and maintaining appropriate project documentation.
- 3-5 years experience in marketing communications
- Solid foundation in managing integrated efforts in the digital, print, email, website, and content creation spaces;
- Experience using CRM, email management/marketing automation, and CMS systems;
- Knowledge of enrollment marketing; Higher education experience preferred, but not required.
- Basic working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Ability to manage projects from start to completion in both the digital and print space and for short- and long-term projects;
- Strong understanding and experience with all marketing mediums such as digital marketing, branding, advertising, content marketing, social media, email management and comfortable using various systems such as content management systems, email marketing systems, customer relationship management (CRM) systems;
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to analyze marketing metrics to inform future efforts and/or adjust current efforts;
- Ability and desire to build and foster strong relationships across departments
- Ability to manage and track budgets;
- Excellent organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with groups both internal and external to the College;
- Desire to continue to test new initiatives, learn and grow;
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team environment and structure.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume. Writing samples may be requested.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.