Position Overview: The assistant field hockey coach is responsible for assisting the head field hockey coach in all aspects of running an NCAA Division I field hockey program by recruiting academically qualified prospective students-athletes, developing and implementing training sessions, practices and game plans, educating and coaching student-athletes, and supporting student-athletes in their personal, academic and athletic development at Merrimack College. This part-time position reports directly to the head field hockey and is responsible for assisting in all phases of the program in accordance with NCAA Division I, Northeast Conference and Merrimack College rules, regulations and policies.
- Assist in the supervision and direction of all aspects of the field hockey team, at the direction of the head field hockey coach
- Participate in the recruitment of high-quality student-athletes, including the planning of on-campus visits
- Participate in the development of student-athletes, personally, academically and athletically
- Assist in on-field coaching; help plan and run training sessions and practices
- Scout opposing teams and assist in the breakdown of game film for teaching purposes
- Coordinate team travel planning and logistics
- Attend coaching and student-athlete meetings
- Help monitor the academic progress of student-athletes
- Fulfill other specific areas of responsibility to be assigned by the head field hockey coach
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 1-2 years of previous field hockey coaching experience
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and intercollegiate athletics
- Demonstrated recruiting skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of video editing and production
- Commitment to supporting the academic success and overall well-being of student-athletes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and complete tasks by established deadlines
- Collegiate field hockey playing experience is preferred.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.