Position Overview: The primary function of the Assistant Registrar/Transfer Coordinator is to serve as the transfer coordinator for the Office of the Registrar for all student populations and manage the transcript process, official and unofficial. Perform official transfer credit evaluations and maintain course equivalency database (TES). This position will also serve as the co-lead, with the Registrar, in the evaluation, planning and organizing graduation requirements. This includes communicating with all schools, both undergraduate and graduate, on eligible graduating students, evaluating using the degree audit each student, printing, mailing/distributing diplomas for graduating semesters (May, September, December). Process registrations, add/drops, course withdrawals, audits, pass/fails. Assist in systems related coding and data cleanup. Override course and course section restrictions. Maintain accurate student information within both the student information system and document imaging system. Process enrollment verifications and any other requests as needed. Greet and assist students/faculty/staff/alumni in person, via email, and over the phone. Provide excellent customer service. Participate in industry professional development opportunities.
Transfer Evaluation: Serve as the lead for the process of transfer evaluations including performing transfer evaluation credit requests for new and continuing students. Ensure that transfer credit requests meet criteria such as appropriate approvals, proper accreditation, grade minimums, credit conversion rates, identifiable as college level, as well as other requirements and standards. Track documentation for existing articulation agreements between Merrimack College and other schools. Research transfer credit articulation standards within the industry and modify our practices as needed. Devise, implement, and manage a method for on-going tracking and monitoring of transfer evaluations so that the office is actively managing this process. Serve as the lead for the transfer software package adopted by the registrar’s and admissions offices.
Graduation clearance: Serve as the co-lead, with the Registrar, for the graduation process for each degree awarding period (May, September, December). This includes the identifying, evaluating, communicating with students and schools on the eligibility of students for each degree awarding period. Evaluates the student’s degree audit and works with schools and advisors on any outstanding requirements.
Diplomas: Serve as the lead for the diploma printing process including processing three times a year and printing diploma reprint requests. Ensure that students with holds do not receive their diplomas and are notified of the process for clearing their holds so that they may receive the diploma and transcripts. Oversee the coordinating of diplomas for each degree awarding period. Ensures each student receives the correct degree and spelling of name is accurate. Work with Diplomas On Demand software to create, modify and update diploma templates.
Transcript Processing: Serve as the lead for the transcript request process including processing of transcript requests both hard copy and online versions. Utilize the TranscriptPlus software and our student information systems to process online orders for both paper, expedited, and online deliveries. Continuously monitor the TranscriptPlus software for updates and issues. Work closely with representative from TP.
Office Operations: Coordinate unit operations relating to office and college policies and procedures based on guidelines and standards from federal and state agencies and professional organizations. Assist in general administration of office including the administration of functional activities and services of the Office of the Registrar (i.e. registration and records services, preparation of reports, support services, registrar emails, etc.).
Miscellaneous Office Operations: Troubleshoot technical issues for the student information system, college portal, etc. Assist in training and supervising student employees. Work with undergraduate and graduate admissions to ensure student records and moved in to the student information system accurately.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in a college or university registrar’s office
- Transfer credit experience in higher education environment
- Knowledge of FERPA and Office of the Registrar procedures.
- Working knowledge of current records, registration, and enrollment policies and processes.
- Knowledge of curriculum requirements as they relate to registration and graduation and experience in the degree clearance process.
- Knowledge of computerized student information systems, and privacy and confidentiality rules as they relate to student information.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Knowledge of/experience in managing the degree audit function.
- Experience with Jenzabar is desirable.
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting commencement activities.
- Working knowledge of current records, registration, and enrollment policies and processes and academic policy trends.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a commitment to quality service to students, faculty and other constituents
- Highly professional and diplomatic
- Must be able to identify priorities within multiple assignments in a high-pressured, short-deadline environment, while maintaining diplomacy and efficiency.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.