Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Assistant to the Vice President of Marketing Communications and CMO ensures that the VP is organized, well prepared, and informed on both a day-to-day and long-term basis. Duties include managing the VP’s calendar; organizing meeting logistics, developing meeting agendas and presentations, taking meetings notes, attending meetings (when necessary); developing and maintaining organizational systems for the office, which includes Marketing, Communications, and Graduate Admission; following up on requests and correspondences; managing the flow of all paperwork associated with budgets, payroll, human resources, contracts, etc; ordering supplies; compiling data and other administrative tasks as assigned. As a member of the Marketing Communications and Graduate Admission team, the Assistant will also support related administrative tasks such as proofreading, sourcing information, making minor website updates, creating project schedules, organizing and maintaining creative files, and assisting to coordinate efforts such as photo shoots, interviews, and vendor work. The Assistant serves as the liaison between the VP and internal and external constituencies at all levels of the College and other organizations and is required to maintain the highest degrees of confidentiality, integrity, and trust.
- Manage the VP’s calendar by coordinating meetings, responding to meeting requests, and overall oversight of the VP’s calendar.
- Support the VP on a day-to-day and long-term basis by ensuring the VP is prepared for meetings by creating meeting agendas for meetings scheduled by the VP, reviewing meeting agendas for meetings the VP is invited to, and ensuring that the VP is prepared for meetings with any related notes or materials.
Provide support by writing memos, creating Powerpoint presentations, and sourcing information and materials needed by the VP for various efforts.
Manage correspondence for the VP related to meeting requests and other requests for projects, assets, etc.
Develop and maintain organizational systems for the VP and departments under the VP (Marketing, Communications, Graduate Admission) to include areas such as file management, shared calendars, budget paperwork, and tracking, payroll and human resources processes, etc.
Support administrative tasks associated with a Marketing, Communications, and Admission team such as proofreading, organizing creative assets, scheduling efforts such as interviews, vendor work, supporting the creation of project schedules, catering orders for admission events, etc.
Onboarding new employees.
Maintain office supply inventory, order publications, and other materials as needed.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Intermediate to advanced MC Office skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Google Drive, Google Suite (including calendar).
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Ability to prepare AdobeSign documents.
- Ability to learn new technology programs.
- Experience providing administrative support to executive-level leadership is preferred.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect, and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith, and our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Application Materials Should Include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty, and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest-growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Code: 959