Merrimack College is one of the fastest-growing educational institutions in the country, recognized for its excellence and value. Merrimack is a selective, private college in a beautiful, residential setting, featuring more than 100 career focused undergraduate, professional and graduate programs, all taught by exceptional faculty who are passionate about their subject and student success.
Merrimack prepares students with the skills and knowledge today’s employers want. Whether it be in business, health sciences, education, science, technology, engineering or liberal arts, a Merrimack education offers a tailored experience that aligns with student’s personal and professional goals, enriched by its Catholic Augustinian heritage. With a 14:1 student-faculty ratio, classes are small but deliver big ideas.
Merrimack seeks a results-orientated individual to join the Division of Enrollment Management as Assistant Vice President, Undergraduate Admission. The position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment & Dean of Admission and is a member of Merrimack’s senior leadership team.
The Assistant Vice President will work closely with the Vice President of Enrollment and Dean of Admission to develop and refine a robust and innovative enrollment strategy designed to meet the undergraduate enrollment goals of the College. Either working in collaboration with campus colleagues or leading the undergraduate admission team, the Assistant Vice President will be responsible for the implementation, execution and assessment of a goal and mission driven strategy throughout all phases of the recruitment, admission, enrollment, and matriculation cycle.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, growing and changing organization
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills, with demonstrated commitment to staff development
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a data-oriented and analytical environment that has a high level of individual and team accountability
- Proven success in executing on strategies to meet enrollment goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively document policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents, including parents and alumni
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage fiscal resources through budget planning and fund management
- Demonstrated strong multi-tasking, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to manage change effectively
- Play an active, measurable role in increasing awareness and interest in Merrimack College throughout the region, nationally and internationally
- Serve in a leadership role as an integral member of the enrollment strategy group and other committees focused on the recruitment, enrollment and retention of undergraduate students
- Provide exemplary leadership in a goal oriented, mission driven admission organization while being responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Office of Admission which includes: recruitment, admission, staff and policy development and meeting enrollment goals for matriculation of first year and transfer students
- Deploy, maintain and continuously evaluate the effectiveness of innovative recruitment technology and techniques in support of the college’s strategic plan
- Collaborate with the Director of Enrollment Systems to continually develop the Slate CRM/applicant management system to meet the full needs of the Office of Admission
- Monitor and evaluate the execution of the recruitment and admission strategy for freshman and transfer students, and make adjustments to the strategy as necessary
- Assist the Vice President & Dean of Admission in establishing and forecasting the undergraduate new student enrollment projections
- Collaborate with the Office of Financial Aid to optimize the use of aid in order to maximize yield
- Ensure that the department provides outstanding customer service to students and families
- Be a strategic and dynamic leader with a understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing the private higher education admission effort
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree required
- 7-10 years of leadership experience in undergraduate admission
- Demonstrated experience delivering exceptional customer service to a diverse array of customers
- Experience with Slate CRM and applicant management system preferred
- Willingness to travel, sometimes extensively, both domestically and internationally
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed
- Valid U.S. Driving license and U.S. Passport
To Apply: This is a full time, fiscal year position. Please apply with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.