Position Overview: Reporting to the Women’s Rowing Head Coach, the Assistant Women’s Rowing Coach is responsible for assisting in all aspects of running a Division I Women’s Rowing program including, but not limited to: race preparation, teaching and coaching; practices and player conditioning; recruitment and retention of student-athletes; program administration; academic integrity; and donor/alumni public relations. In addition, the assistant coach is responsible for abiding by all NCAA Division I, Northeast Conference (NEC) and Merrimack rules, regulations and policies.
- Assist with creation and implementation of effective racing, practice and conditioning plans for the student athletes.
- Work with Head Women’s Rowing Coach to develop to create on and off water training.
- Assist with recruiting exceptional student-athletes who are academically qualified.
- Assist with the identification of potential student-athletes.
- Assist with administrative responsibilities of the Women’s Rowing program in an efficient and responsible manner.
- Work with various areas of the athletic department (equipment room, operations, compliance, strength and conditioning, athletic training, etc.) to ensure proper communication of schedules and other needs.
- Assist with maintaining and inventorying all equipment, facilities, uniforms and gear.
- Assist in the monitoring and verification of program related expenditures and revenues.
- Assist with travel arrangements and finances.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility by administering the program’s budget.
- Assist with program promotion (both on and off campus), public relations, community outreach, and media-related activities.
- Be actively involved in the fundraising activities of the program.
- Skillfully communicate with colleagues and student-athletes.
- Serve as a role model and mentor to our student athletes.
- Maintain active communication with internal constituencies.
- Display commitment to the academic success of student-athletes.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with Academic Support Services staff.
- Abide by all conference, department and NCAA regulations and assist to ensure departmental compliance.
- Successfully pass NCAA recruiting test.
- Other duties related to the women’s rowing program as assigned by the head coach.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- US Rowing Level I certification preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- NCAA collegiate playing and/or coaching experience preferred.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.