Position Overview: The School of Health Sciences at Merrimack College in North Andover, Massachusetts is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated faculty member to join our newly established bachelor of science in nursing program. We invite applicants to become part of our inaugural nursing program as part of the dynamic School of Health Sciences, established in 2017. Applications for a non-tenure track (Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor) faculty position in nursing beginning , 2021 are now being requested. Merrimack College recently opened a state-of-the-art Nursing Center. This space includes 6 simulation labs, 2 classrooms; 2 debrief rooms, 15 faculty offices and 2 large student collaborative spaces.
The ideal candidate should be highly experienced and skilled in undergraduate medical-surgical nursing curriculum and course development, NCLEX preparation and testing, and clinical and didactic instruction in the medical-surgical or critical care field. Experience in simulation development, implementation and evaluation would be a plus. Candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate courses in the areas of medical-surgical nursing, chronic illness/care of the elderly, pathopharmacology, health assessment and/or critical care; advise students; contribute to curriculum and policy development, CCNE accreditation self-study, governance and evaluation of all nursing program components.
Qualifications: The Full-Time Nursing Faculty must satisfy the following minimum qualifications:
1. Master’s degree in nursing required; a doctorate degree in nursing or related field preferred;
2. Possess a minimum of two years of full-time experience in medical-surgical/telemetry/critical care nursing, or its equivalent, within the last five years and evidence of clinical competence in the area of clinical instruction
3. Knowledge and skills related to teaching adults, teaching methodology, curriculum development, evaluation, or willingness to plan for acquisition of these skills no later than the first year of teaching;
4. Current/unencumbered Massachusetts state RN license, healthcare provider CPR and immunizations as recommended by the Massachusetts Department of Health.
5. Nursing education experience preferred.
6. We are looking for a student-centered learning educator who has a strong desire for an academic appointment focused on advancing nursing student knowledge through teaching and service learning. The ability to serve as student mentors and create immersive learning and professional development experiences is necessary. Candidates will present strong evidence of successful clinical and didactic teaching.
Application materials should include only: a letter of application that clearly indicates the applicant’s specialization area; a curriculum vitae; contact information for three references; and a teaching statement.
Merrimack College seeks to nourish and sustain our five core values of leadership, community, awareness, scholarship, and service. The College is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates are encouraged to describe in their application previous activities or interest in building a culture committed to diversity and inclusive excellence, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To Apply: I Interested applicants should apply online through Academic Jobs Online. Application materials should include only: a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, contact information for three references, and a teaching statement.
About Merrimack: The only Catholic, Augustinian college in New England, Merrimack College is an independent, coeducational institution with more than 4800 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 220-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Mass. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and is placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in this U.S. News category.
Merrimack college is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates are encouraged to describe in their application previous activities or interests related to equity, diversity,and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date posted: 8/10/20
Position Code: 0811