Position Overview: The Associate Dean of Students will report directly to the VP/Dean of Students for all matters of student affairs. This position will have direct oversight of the offices of Community Standards, Residence Life, Student Involvement, and Wellness. This role will be responsible for the development and implementation of all Parent/Family initiatives.
- Under the direction of the Vice President/Dean of Students ensure the students are afforded the opportunities to develop themselves academically, personally and relationally
- Oversee the offices of Community Standards, Residence Life, Student Involvement, and Wellness and all respective functions of these departments
- Develop and implement a comprehensive parent and family program
- Work with the VP/Dean of Students to align strategic goals and intiatives of Student Affairs with that of the Agenda for the Future
- Assist in crisis management response and oversight of the professional staff that are on-call
- Conduct individual student interventions for students that are in need of support
- Build relationships and collaborate with offices across campus to ensure a positive student experience
- Represent the division on the Senior Leadership Team, appointed presidential committees, and other college committees as directed by the VP/Dean of Students
- Ensure divisional initiatives are evaluated regularly through thoughtful assessment practices
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Master degree required
- 10 plus years of professional experience in student affairs (Residence Life experience preferred)
- Knowledge of best practices for student life
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for a variety of audiences
- Comfort with wide range of behavior/health topics including student discipline, substance use, and mental health.
- Excellent staff supervision and development skills
- Understanding of the application of state and federal laws and policies (FERPA, Title IX, Clery, etc.)
- Experience with managing a budget and strategic planning
- Ability to work effectively with parents and students
- Ability to foster positive relationships with key campus partners, including Admissions, Provost’s Office, Academic Departments and Student Affairs
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.