Associate Director of Admission
Position Overview: Reporting to the Director of Undergraduate Admission, the Associate Director of Admission works collaboratively to develop, implement, and support all strategic initiatives designed to assist the Office of Undergraduate Admission in reaching its enrollment goals. The Associate Director will be responsible for hiring, training, supervising, motivating, and developing a professional counseling staff who are responsible for recruitment and application evaluation. As a result, exemplary leadership and relationship-building skills are essential to this role, along with a positive, outgoing attitude and excellent communication skills.
In this role, the Associate Director will be directly involved in the conceptualization, planning, execution, and analysis of domestic recruitment and yield initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to, planning Merrimack’s signature off-campus events. Therefore, s/he should be a creative, forward-thinker who is goal-driven and has a strong entrepreneurial spirit! Furthermore, s/he should have an interest in event planning, excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail. The Associate Director will also be instrumental in fostering strong, effective professional relationships with other campus employees, particularly those who are directly involved in the recruitment, enrollment, and retention of undergraduate students. As a result, s/he will have direct involvement in the admission of students into cohort programs and represent the Office of Admission at various internal meetings.
As a member of the Office of Undergraduate Admission, the Associate Director is expected to maintain a domestic recruitment territory, with heavy travel obligations in the fall and spring (6-9 weeks total). S/he will implement a comprehensive recruitment plan for prospective students, families, counselors, alumni, and other constituents from that territory. S/he will also be responsible for reviewing applications.
- Plan, execute, and analyze domestic recruitment and yield initiatives for first-year students
- Build strong professional relationships with campus employees who are involved in recruitment, enrollment and retention of new undergraduate students
- Ensure that the undergraduate admission staff are continuously providing exceptional customer service in person, over the phone, and through email
- Manage a recruitment territory including implementing a comprehensive recruitment plan for prospective students, families, counselors, alumni, and other constituents
- Communicate clearly, passionately, effectively with prospective students, families, school counselors, and others about Merrimack College and the admission process both on and off camps
- Provide opportunities for and encourage staff development through professional conferences, skill training, etc.
- Promote a positive work environment that thrives on teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in Higher Education or a related field preferred.
- 3 - 5 years experience working in undergraduate admission with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated strong multi-tasking, organization, and time management skills
- Willingness to travel, sometimes extensively
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed
- Experience with Slate CRM and applicant management system preferred.
- Valid U.S. Driving license
To Apply: Please apply with resume and cover letter.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.