Position Overview: Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations, this senior leadership position works collaboratively with alumni program staff, development, advancement and campus colleagues to develop and increase Alumni Engagement. This position will assess program effectiveness, develop strategy, cultivate a strong team of staff and volunteer leaders to support the strategic goals of the Office of Alumni Relations. The key responsibilities include engagement strategy, engagement programming, communications, university-wide collaboration, and overall alumni relations program assessment.
- Responsible for developing a broad range of programs and services designed to address strategic College priorities and engage alumni in meaningful ways.
- Serve as a senior leader on the Alumni Relations team advising the AVP and providing leadership in developing and implementing strategic priorities and goals in the areas of alumni engagement; identify the key elements of engagement by articulating the ways in which Alumni Relations provides mutual benefit to the College and its alumni
- Collaborate with campus partners and ODAR colleagues to create integrated strategies and well executed scale-able programs that support current strategic goals.
- Develops and implements a work plan for alumni engagement addressing areas such as career and professional networking, affinity groups, regional events, homecomings, reunions, student recruitment, and alumni communications.
- In partnership with the Sr. Director of Development and Donor Communications, develop and manage an alumni communication strategy to include print, social media and web presence.
- Develop a volunteer management strategy to include volunteer cultivation, an effective recruitment structure and tracking system.
- Develop and identify key metrics focused on high-level behaviors and behavior change that help drive engagement; metrics should have a clear measure of success and quantify impact; Implement process to track the effectiveness of programming initiatives, success and and staff effectiveness.
- Effectively manages the alumni engagement staff; clearly articulates core strategies, programming goals and message points essential for the staff’s successful execution of the alumni engagement program.
- Advise the Associate Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations and the Vice President on strategy effectiveness and make recommendation on new strategies.
- Reviews and oversees the Alumni Engagement budget, allocating resources to address strategic priorities for alumni engagement.
- Throughout all responsibilities, exercise sound judgment, integrity, initiative, and the utmost professionalism to work effectively with colleagues, stakeholders and strategic partners, and volunteer leaders, always valuing diversity of thought and background, and facilitating an inclusive environment;
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Familiarity with tracking systems and a high degree of comfort with using technology to communicate and share information. Millennium experience a plus.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in Alumni Relations.
- Experience working in higher education or non-profit is preferable.
- A deep appreciation for and an ability to successfully articulate the mission and aspirations of Merrimack College.
- Problem Solving: Ability to resolve issues, answer questions, and work independently with limited supervision; must strive to understand and implement industry best practices when appropriate. Should take a data driven approach to aid in problem solving. Provides recommendations for solutions and improvements.
- Communication: Strong interpersonal communication skills required; ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with varied constituent groups, including senior administration, alumni, donors, corporate partners, co-workers and other university staff.
- Complexity of Tasks: Must be able to balance diverse responsibilities, be extremely organized, manage and prioritize a variety of tasks, adhere to deadlines and create and follow business plans in a fast-paced work environment.
- Leadership Skills: Must be able to build a cohesive and productive team, value collaboration and contribute to a positive work environment; must be willing to accept responsibility and set a good example for co-workers through a strong work ethic and habits. Decisive.
- Initiative/Creativity: Must demonstrate a high level of creativity and be open to innovative solutions. Work with limited supervision, must be willing to take initiative, look for guidance when needed and willing to make informed, good-faith decisions.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.