Position Overview: Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and CMO, the Associate Director of Digital Marketing will take part in planning and will lead the implementation of Merrimack College’s digital strategies to support undergraduate, graduate and professional studies enrollment goals and to generate awareness about the College. Partnering closely with and taking strategic direction from the undergraduate and graduate marketing teams, this individual will develop and execute digital marketing plans aimed at generating and nurturing qualified inquiries to drive applicant conversion. Plans will include efforts such as paid search, paid social media, digital platforms and associated customer relationship manager system (CRM) strategies. This individual will also work closely with undergraduate and graduate marketing colleagues to analyze data such as trends and conversation rates to make recommendations on campaign adjustments.
The Associate Director will also recommend, implement and manage day-to-day best practices in digital marketing operations and related CRM tactics such as lead scoring, lead sources, enrollment funnel tracking, analytics based content recommendations and the successful candidate will have a proven track record of executing and driving results and ROI across digital channels.
- In collaboration with undergraduate and graduate marketing leadership, research, recommend and execute inquiry generating digital marketing solutions for undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies new student recruitment;
- Make budget allocation recommendations for digital spends, track spending and recommend shifts or new approaches to maximize spends and results;
- Execute and manage digital marketing campaigns, day to day digital operations and the digital marketing team;
- Collaborate with undergraduate and graduate marketing teams to curate content plans for campaign components such as digital ads, landing pages and nurturing emails;
- Working with the Vice President of Marketing and CMO, establish clear and measurable metrics for success and regular data reporting structure for different internal constituents;
- Monitor digital campaign performance including optimization, analysis and regular reporting via dashboards;
- Manage digital platforms such as marketing CRM tools, landing page technology, virtual tour platform and related website work;
- Manage the customer relationship management (CRM) from a marketing perspective to develop strategies through rich digital content plans and engagement opportunities (scoring, email, A/B testing, landing pages, new features) to establish annual plans and best practices;
- Partner with undergraduate and graduate admission teams on CRM activity;
- Evaluate digital customer journey from inquiry to conversion to optimize the experience and support goals;
- Collaborate with digital agencies and other vendors as needed;
- Integrate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion considerations into every aspect of digital media and marketing
- Evaluate emerging technologies conduct competitive research and provide thought leadership in the digital and CRM space.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Minimum three-four years working experience in digital marketing, higher education and/or agency experience preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and success in digital marketing and inquiry acquisition, with deep knowledge of current trends, best practices and tracking and measurement;
- Experience in identifying diverse target audiences and devising digital campaigns to engage, inform and convert;
- Experience managing a digital team with direct reports that include a diverse skillset including paid media management, analytics, creative, CRM and marketing automation work;
- A strong commitment to and experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion objectives
- Technical experience in in using CRM, email management and marketing automation, and content management (CMS) systems.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Data informed approach to supporting annual plans and day-to-day decision making;
- Excellent command and working knowledge of paid search strategies;
- Ability to leverage audience research, data, analytics and user testing to support strategic priorities;
- Ability to think creatively, solve problems, plan directions and overcome obstacles;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with groups both internal and external to the College;
- Creative, innovative and enthusiastic about digital experimentation and testing;
- A command of best practices in digital advertising and CRM strategies;
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and budgets simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to develop materials that bridge cultural differences and linguistic barriers
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team environment and structure.
To Apply: Please apply online with a cover letter and a resume.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Updated: 5/7/21
Closing Date: 6/30/21
Position Code: 0176