The Assistant Vice President for Employer Relations, Internships, Co-ops and Student Employment will manage a team of employer relations professionals and work closely with the Associate Vice President of Career and Professional Development to develop and deliver a comprehensive and integrated strategy for employer relations, employer-student connection and on-campus student employment, internships, co-ops and post-graduation jobs. The Assistant VP is charged with the development and execution of a high impact, intentional student employment experience for Merrimack College students and will also develop and manage the process to create a first-rate co-op program at Merrimack. The Assistant VP will oversee the execution of the employer-student recruiting function and oversee day-to-day operations to provide employers top of the line service, and collaborate cross functionally to execute proposed and existing initiatives to meet strategic goals. The Assistant VP will be an innovative, self-directed professional leader who is comfortable with technology and has a commitment and passion for learning and student success.
- Provide strong leadership and direct oversight, guidance and support for the O’Brien Center employer relations team.
- Expand employer relations and partnership development.
- Rebuild and sustain a student employment program, with a focus on increasing students’ skills by creating accessible employment experiences.
- Develop a comprehensive internship and co-op programs
- Expand and redefine employer-student connection strategy
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Business Administration, or a closely related field preferred.
- Minimum of seven years previous experience in one or more of the following: career services, recruitment, advising, student recruitment/retention, related student services, sales, customer service, project/program management.
- Candidates will also be considered who have a Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field AND a minimum of ten years previous experience.
- Strong communication skills, appreciation of diversity and an ability to foster an inclusive environment.
- Strong sales, business development or relationship management experience, including a demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple projects with a broad range of internal and external constituents simultaneously
- Ability to understand and communicate the needs of employer partners to inform professional development and skill-building initiatives on campus.
- Ability to work collaboratively and forge effective working relationships with various departments and groups across campus.
- Ability to manage a team in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple priorities and manage ambiguity; quick learner, sharp attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Creative and innovative mindset to develop opportunities for pursuing an effective strategy to serve an ever-evolving student and employer population.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to utilize multiple technology sources including:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Google mail, calendar, drive, and Meet
- Microsoft and Apple devices
- Blackboard or other LMS
- Social media
- Statistical analysis and/or data visualization tools a plus
- Experience with and appreciation of diversity, equity and inclusion.
To Apply: Applications must include a resume and cover letter.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Code: 0835