Position Description & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness, Planning and Sponsored Research the Assistant Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness, is responsible for developing an office and data management infrastructure that is able to create the timely reporting, analysis, and assessment of institutional and programmatic outcomes essential to the College. The Assistant Vice President oversees institutional research and will work with the Vice President in the development and execution of key institutional effectiveness functions, including strategic planning, research, and support of College and senior leadership initiatives. This position will also be expected to actively promote an organizational culture that values and utilizes data when making decisions. The position is responsible for coordinating with the Senior Reporting and Visualization Specialist and the Senior Institutional Research Analyst. This leadership position supports the College by overseeing the development of data warehouse construction, data governance structures, relationships between key databases (especially Jenzabar CX and Slate), institution-wide reports for senior leadership. The Assistant Vice President will also assist in managing required and essential data for all accreditation agencies as well as compliance data for NCAA Division I. The position also will be responsible for identifying data, technical support, and professional development needs and coordinate appropriate support and training to improve access to data across the College.
• Coordinate and manage workflow with the Senior Reporting and Visualization Specialist, the Senior Institutional Research Analyst, and the Registrar
• Coordinate the development of data governance structures, implementation of best practices, and development of an institutional data dictionary.
• Assist in state, federal, college and student accountability and compliance reports according to documented requirements.
• Coordinate the development of a data warehouse, its structure, organization, and functionality.
• Work with VP and office team to develop and implement strategies and plans to assess and continuously improve the overall quality and effectiveness of campus programs and services in accordance with the vision, mission, goals, and strategic priorities of the institution.
• Coordinate with the budget office on key reports and initiatives.
• Manage the development of critical and essential internal and external reporting, and benchmarking to support the needs of the College working with the office team.
• Oversee the structure, maintenance, and distribution of the college fact book of institutional indicators and standard reports.
• Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is required; doctorate preferred
• Five (5) years of job-related experience
• Experience with Slate and IBM Cognos required
• Experience with higher education SIS required (Experience with Jenzabar CX preferred)
• Evidence of data translation, advanced experience in data management, statistical analyses and
predictive modeling. Analyses of short and long-term trends critical to strategic planning, financial
decision-making, and reporting to internal and external constituencies.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written.
• Ability to effectively interact with internal and external constituents of a diverse background.
• Proven ability to present detailed and complex data in different formats and to different audiences.
• Demonstrated organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Commitment to and experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion especially as relevant to institutional effectiveness
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of any sensitive information
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
● Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
● Resume or Curriculum Vitae
• This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 11/1/21