Merrimack College and the O’Brien Center for Career Development are partnering with companies such as LinkedIn Learning, Credly, Quinncia and Burning Glass Technologies to restructure and redefine career readiness education and tools for skill development. The Assistant Vice President for Technology Innovation, Communication and Career Advising will manage a team of career advisors assigned to the five schools at Merrimack and work closely with the Associate Vice President of Career and Professional Development to develop, promote, deliver and evaluate career development and readiness products. The Assistant VP will evaluate and manage existing and new technology products to help with delivery and ensure broad access to career products for Merrimack undergraduate and graduate students. The Assistant VP will collaborate closely with technology vendors, ITS, academic partners on campus, and the rest of the O’Brien Center team to ensure the usage and success of the career development and readiness products. In addition, the Assistant VP will establish a system to evaluate the effectiveness of the career products and be responsible for the campus-wide first-destination success survey. The Assistant VP will be an innovative, self-directed professional who is comfortable with technology as a method for learning and has a commitment and passion for learning.
- Development and delivery of a career advising strategy
- Development, delivery, and promotion of career readiness products
- Evaluation of and liaison for integration of technology tools for career readiness products
- Establish a comprehensive system to analyze and evaluate the success of the career readiness products
- Lead campus-wide first-destination (post-graduation) success survey in collaboration with campus stakeholders (or committee) to provide effective data collection, synthesis, visualization, and dissemination.
- Master’s degree
- 7-10 years plus of relevant experience in career services, recruitment, advising, student recruitment/retention, related student services, customer service, project/program management.
- Strong communication skills, appreciation of diversity and an ability to foster an inclusive environment.
- Technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to utilize multiple technology sources including:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Google mail, calendar and drive
- Microsoft and Apple devices
- Blackboard or other LMS
- Social media
- Statistical analysis and/or data visualization tools a plus
- Ability to produce reports in a clear and understandable manner both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple priorities and manage ambiguity; quick learner, sharp attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, employer and vendor partners
- Creative and innovative mindset and the inclination to discover opportunities for doing things differently to more effectively serve a changing student population
- Active learner, seeking new learning opportunities to improve self and position output.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills essential
- Demonstrated ability for follow-through, initiative, and willingness to work in a team in a flexible work environment
- Experience with and appreciation of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates are encouraged to describe in their application previous activities or interests related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date Posted: 10/9/20
Position Code: 0836