- Performs minor plumbing, electrical and mechanical repairs to campus buildings, fixtures and their contents.
- Responds to emergency and routine calls initiated through supervisor’s requests, and for night and weekends respond to Merrimack College Police Department and performs required work requests.
- Assists personnel of the department in snow and ice removal, grounds maintenance, equipment deliveries and set ups.
- Monitor and reset components of alarm, heat, light and power utilities to assure proper and reliable operators.
- Maintains appearance and operational hardware of buildings in a satisfactory manner through constant litter removal, graffiti removal and adjustments, and janitorial duties as needed.
- Initiates work orders for or brings to the attention of supervisor work which requires attention for which there was not ample time to correct or which requires the service of the trade service group.
- All other duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 5 years related building maintenance experience.
- Valid hoisting license strongly preferred or willingness to train upon hire.
- Ability to read blue prints and maintain accurate log books as required.
- Knowledge of power tools.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Thirty days after employment employees are required to become a member of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 633. This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.