Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Grace J. Palmisano Center for Campus Ministry seeks a Campus Minister for Service and Social Justice to manage and run service, justice-related, and community engagement opportunities. Notably working on the Send Program, this position will provide pastoral, spiritual, and emotional support to students, faculty, and staff at Merrimack College. This is an opportunity to make a difference in a growing community. Responsibilities include:
- Select locations and community partner organizations for nine annual Send Program service/immersion trips and evaluate the program annually.
- Select, train and form 18 student leaders for Send Program annually.
- Select, train, and form 18 faculty/staff/graduate student advisors for the Send Program annually.
- Oversee application, selection, and placement process for nine annual Send trips; managing approximately 70-80 undergraduate participants.
- Advise one Send trip per academic year.
- Create programming around environmental justice and creation care; collaborate with other departments as required.
- Provide individual pastoral care to students as needed.
- Assist in supervising 2-3 campus ministry student retreats per year, i.e. Launch First-Year Retreat, Pause, and MORE.
- Assist in the planning and participation of community liturgies, including occasional preaching.
- Act as the Campus Ministry liaison to the Interfaith Student Alliance, Unity House, and the Gay Straight Alliance.
- Initiate and coordinate spiritual programming that is attractive to and developmentally appropriate for women on campus.
- Master’s degree in Theology, Religion, Divinity, or a related field.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect, and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith, and our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Application Materials Should Include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty, and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest-growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Code: 512