Position Overview: Merrimack College is searching for a coordinator to help expand and institutionalize diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts on campus. Working in the President’s Office and reporting to the Special Assistant to the President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), the coordinator will provide both administrative and programmatic support for multiple DEI initiatives. This role will develop programs, events and services that facilitate the personal, social, academic and cultural well-being and success of students, faculty and staff from underrepresented groups.
• Communicate with multiple constituencies including faculty, staff, and students, affinity groups, advisory boards and community members to coordinate outreach efforts and establish meaningful connections within the DEI community
• Assist the Special Assistant with outreach, coordination, and training
• Under direction of the Special Assistant, plan, develop and organize relevant programs, training and services in support of student and employee equity and success
• Manage the DEI calendar of events including logistics, scheduling and event planning details
• Support the Special Assistant to assess program effectiveness and the impact to student and employee well being by leveraging technology to aid in mentoring, retention and success efforts
• Prepare institutional data for the Special Assistant to analyze and interpret to enhance current and future program initiatives
• Oversee budgeting, including honorarium for speakers
• Assist in the development of promotional materials, both electronic communications and hard copy literature
• Write content for web page and social media and keep profile of office fresh and up-to-date
• Bachelor’s degree required; MA preferred
• 3-5 year experience providing administrative assistance, preferably in a higher education setting
• Demonstrated commitment to and experience with DEI initiatives, preferably in a higher education setting
• A self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Work effectively both independently and collaboratively
• Experience with MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Calendars), database management, iPad apps (Explain Everything, Notability, etc.), Zoom, and other technology- and/or web-based tools
To Apply: Submit a resume, cover letter, and a statement on diversity, equity, and inclusion, focusing on their experiences and skills relevant to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Code: 0845