Position Overview: The Coordinator of Intercultural and Leadership Initiatives is a full-time, 12-month position with evening and weekend responsibilities and will report directly to the Director of Student Involvement. The Coordinator of Intercultural and Leadership Initiatives is an integral part of the team that promotes a campus environment that is inclusive, supportive and respectful of all community members. They will provide direction and oversight of leadership training and workshops that will provide growth in different components to provide student development. Additional responsibilities include coordinating intercultural affiliated programming, supporting and advising all student organizations and student-based events and programs associated with diversity, equity and inclusion. The Coordinator of Intercultural and Leadership Initiatives is expected to manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines, ensure compliance and consistency with college policies and procedures, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Serve as the advisor and advocate for Merrimack’s Greek Letter Organizations, Panhellenic Council, Fraternal Council, and Student Organizations who promote and support Intercultural Initiatives.
- Be the first point of contact for the Unity House, provide exceptional customer service to visitors, whether it be either current students or prospective families and students, answer phone calls, and Unity House emails.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of the Unity House, to include managing the physical space and staffing requirements.
- Create and develop leadership programs/ training curriculum to assist in the growth but not limited in areas of intercultural awareness, career development and academic success.
- Provide leadership for a comprehensive student life program, including: designing, implementing, and assessing programs and events related to student engagement.
- Collaborate with campus partners on campus wide programming initiatives, both on and off campus, such as bringing awareness and celebration of affinity months to engage students to support retention within the community.
- Coordinate, facilitate and assist in diversity and leadership training opportunities for students and departments including, the creation of a semesterly leadership series, and oversight of pre- existing training, Diversity Badge and Safe Zone training.
- Provide assessments and data analysis for Student Involvement programs and initiatives.
- Assist in oversight of National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS) and Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK).
- Assist with major campus programs including (but not limited to) Orientation, Homecoming/Family Weekend, Spring Weekends, Senior Week, and the Involvement Fair.
- Serve on campus committees and work as a liaison with Student Life offices to help coordinate programming efforts (beyond those mentioned above).
- Assist in the management of social media marketing through communication platforms but not limited to other forms of communication for the Office of Student Involvement which includes Unity House accounts.
- Assist in maintaining the Warrior Network as a resource for student organizations and engagement tracking tools for all students.
- Assist in hire, training, and supervision of 5-10 Unity Coordinator staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree required
- Minimum of 1-3 years working in programming and training.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume. Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 6/25/21
Position Code: 0357