Position Overview: Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Students, this positon is an integral part of the Student Engagement team that promotes a campus environment that is inclusive, supportive and respectful of all community members.
Responsibilities: This unique position provides institutional support and coordination to enhance the campus climate on issues of diversity. The position will provide direction and oversight of the Unity House, which includes supervision of student employees, advising of the Unity House Student Council, coordination of affiliated programming, support and advising for all student organizations and student based events and programs associated with the Unity House and/or multicultural initiatives. The position will collaborate with campus partners on multicultural programming initiatives to support retention of students, creation and coordination of on campus and off campus events and trainings, in an effort to raise awareness, understanding and to provide education on diversity issues to the campus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and public speaking communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience working in higher education and/or working with culturally diverse populations
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends as needed
To Apply: This is a full time, fiscal year position. Please apply with resume and cover letter.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.