Position Description & Responsibilities
The Coordinator of Student Involvement is a full-time, 12-month position with evening and weekend responsibilities and will report directly to the Director of Student Involvement. The Coordinator of Student Involvement will develop, engage, and coordinate leadership programming and initiatives for students of the Merrimack College community. The Coordinator of Student Involvement will work to build a campus environment that is inclusive, supportive and respectful of all community members. They will provide direction and oversight of leadership programming, training and workshops that will foster student growth and development. Additional responsibilities include advising Fraternity and Sorority Life organizations and our Leadership Honor Society groups through social, civic engagement, and professional development programming. The Coordinator of Student Involvement is expected to manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines, ensure compliance and consistency with college policies and procedures, and provide exceptional customer service.
• Coordinate diverse student leadership development opportunities, including the creation of a semesterly leadership series, oversight of the National Society for Leadership and Success Program, and advising of the Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honor Society.
• Serve as the advisor to Merrimack’s fraternities and sororities, Panhellenic Council, and Fraternal Council.
• Create and execute assessment for programs and initiatives hosted by the Office of Student Involvement; provide statistical analysis that highlight program strengths and areas for improvement.
• Assist the Director in maintenance of the Warrior Network and CORQ app as a resource for student organizations and engagement tracking tool.
• Assist with major campus programs including (but not limited to) Orientation, Involvement Fair, Homecoming/Family Weekend, Spring Weekends, Commencement, and Senior Week.
• Support our 60+ student organizations in their training, programming, retention, recruitment and leadership efforts as needed. Provide onsite management and support for assigned evening and weekend events. Execute contracts and required paperwork for events involving outside vendors.
• Serve on campus committees and act as a liaison to other offices in order to help coordinate programming efforts. Collaborate with several campus partners including the Dean of Students Office, Residence Life, Campus Fitness & Recreation, Facilities, and event management teams.
• Work to ensure a wide variety of programming is offered to meet the needs and interests of a diverse student population. Help individual students develop their programming and leadership skills.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Minimum of 1-3 year working in programming and training.
• Cultural competence and ability to support a diverse student body.
• Demonstrated commitment to and experience with diversity, equity and inclusion.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 12/4/21
Position Code: 357