Position Overview: The Coordinator of Student Organizations and Operations is a full-time, 12-month position with evening and weekend responsibilities and will report directly to the Associate Director of Student Involvement. The Coordinator of Student Organizations and Operations will coordinate and manage all event logistics related to the Office of Student Involvement. This includes managing budgetary needs, advising student organizations, working with outside vendors and various campus partners. In addition, the Coordinator will oversee day to day operations of the office with a focus on business operations, supporting students and administrators in their work, providing information to customers, and maintaining office materials and resources for staff and students. The Coordinator of Student Organizations and Operations is expected to manage multiple tasks while meeting
- Support our 60+ student organizations: including cultural, social, academic, and Fraternity and Sorority Life, in their training, programming, retention, recruitment and leadership efforts as needed. Provide onsite management and support for assigned evening and weekend events.
- Execute contracts and required paperwork for events involving outside vendors.
- Coordinates and manages the operating budgets for Student Involvement, student organizations, orientation, and the Unity House. This includes running any analytics and reports needed.
- Coordinate all event coordination and logistics from start to finish. This includes but is not limited to working with vendors and campus partners on major events (Orientation, Homecoming, Spring Weekend, etc.).
- Oversee Augie’s Pub programming and initiatives. Create a robust calendar of events for the year.
- Act as the primary advisor to student leaders and student organizations in various programming roles. Works with students to formulate, interpret and implement policies and college operating practices.
- Manage and oversee office operations. Serve as the first point of escalation after initial triage for phone calls made to the office. Oversee the workflow, office area, office equipment, supplies inventory and ordering, resource materials and forms, and filing of financial records.
- Process office paperwork including contracts, deposits, check requests, cash advances, reimbursements, internal and external purchase requisitions, travel pre-authorizations, expense reports, dispensing and tracking petty cash, print center requests, and other activities related to all department budgets.
- Ensures data integration of department data for events & activities, student leaders and special projects. Conducts reporting for key college initiatives including but not limited to GPA, DOB lists, student involvements, commuter vs. resident lists etc. Run blackboard reports and manage card swipes.
- Manage EMS (space reservation program) requests for student organizations and oversight of Hub conference rooms and 47 Lounge, including booking, managing, and upkeep of space.
- Manage the Student Communication Calendar to ensure meeting spaces are planned and appointments are running on schedule and efficiently.
- Oversee and maintain the Warrior Network as a resource for student organizations and engagement tracking tools for all students.
- Assist with major campus programs including (but not limited to) Orientation, Homecoming/Family Weekend, Spring Weekends, Senior Week, and the Involvement Fair.
- Manage and create content using communication platforms which include all social media platforms for the Office of Student Involvement, which includes the Unity House and Intercultural Initiatives.
- Assist in the hiring, training, and supervision of 5-10 Event Coordinator and HUB Coordinator Staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree required
- Minimum of 1-3 years working in an office setting with budget responsibilities
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume. Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 5/25/21
Position Code: 0358