Position Overview: The Coordinator of Visitor services plays an integral role to the the success of the Admission team both operationally and organizationally. The Coordinator manages both the front lines of the Welcome Center, as well as the behind the scenes of the Center. The Welcome Center is located in the Alfred Arcidi building which is a 16,000 square foot space that encounters Admission visitors along with current students, staff and faculty. For many, this building is the their first experience on the campus, and we strive to provide all campus visitors with an excellent first impression.
The Coordinator is the public face and voice of the college, responsible for the organization and execution of all campus visits, ensuring each visitor has an exceptional and personalized experience. In addition to in-person costumer service, this position provides customer service through phone calls emails and staffs our website chat bot feature.
This position collaborates with many departments and offices across campus, to ensure that updates from Admission and the Welcome Center are being communicated, and that we are working cohesively. The coordinator position requires an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. The position needs to have experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive tasks, with the ability to both work independently and on a team. The Coordinator position needs to be well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse individuals.
In addition, this position requires the ability to stay up to date on college updates, trends whilst always providing accurate information, as the Arcidi Center sees hundreds of visitors each month. The coordinator plays an important part in the development and implementation of office policies by setting up and upholding procedures and standards to ensure the Admission staff stays organized.
This position is responsible for articulating the benefits of attending Merrimack College. Key responsibilities include:
- Upholding exceptional in person customer service skills as the primary point of contact for e-mail, and phone call response for the Welcome Center at all times
- Managing the Welcome Centers inventory, budget and operational functions
- Strong time management skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize work and adhere to a strong sense of professionalism to all guests and staff members
- This position works closely with the Assistant Director and the Welcome Center team to provide quality customer service and innovative on campus program.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all in person, email and phone correspondence.
- Support prospective and admitted students in the scheduling of both visits to campus and virtual offering along with providing general information on new student application procedures with regard to admissions, financial aid, housing and special programs.
- Ensure the Welcome Center is physically prepared every day to welcome visitors and the Merrimack Community.
- Responsible for managing the office; ensuring operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly carried out.
- Monitor and maintain all office supplies inventory and budgetary needs.
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operational needs of the office by updating office manuals.
- Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, joining professional associations, building networks with fellow professionals and reviewing of industry publications.
- Manage the schedule for all Welcome Center meetings, and the booking of conference and meeting rooms, ensuring that executive meeting needs are always met.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year of related customer service experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, required in the areas of public speaking and presentation along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize work and adhere to a strong sense of professionalism to all guests and staff members.
- Computer literacy skills, organization skills, resourcefulness, decision-making skills and ability to adapt.
- A strong Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures, Proficient in MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with all employees and attention to detail ensuring tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly
- Willingness to work nights and weekends at various times throughout the year
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack college is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates are encouraged to describe in their application previous activities or interests related to equity, diversity,and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date Posted: 8/24/20
Position Code: 0708