Position Overview: Under the direction of the AVP, Campus Planning and Facilities and/or his/her designee, the Custodial Manager will be responsible for the leadership of custodial operations including cleaning and maintenance of the College’s campus buildings. The Custodial Manager will work closely with the AVP and custodial staff to effectively meet the physical needs of the College and support its overall mission.
- Collaborate with the AVP in the management of the day-to-day custodial operations and maintenance of the campus.
- Manage tasks, performance, schedule of all custodial staff, as well as outsourced custodial services.
- Manage all aspects of custodial products throughout campus with designated janitorial supply company.
- Develop programs to ensure cleanliness and uniform levels of clean.
- Recommend and implement changes in current procedures.
- Maintaining records and submit reports pertaining to personnel, equipment, supplies, expenses, and general housekeeping activities.
- Respond to and resolve after hours and emergency campus calls on the phone or in person when matters require direction or decision.
- Foster effective communication within the facilities department. Better leverage technology, knowledge and process improvement.
- Research and develop received and recommended specifications, cost estimates, bills of materials and progress schedules and recommend course of action to administration.
- Assist in the preparation for regular meetings with administration and staff to share schedules, progress reports and report areas of concern.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, federal and work safety regulatory requirements including city and state permits and registrations in all assigned areas.
- Prepare budget estimates and monitor expenses against budget allocations.
- Coordinate the preparation of facilities to support various academic, athletic and other events (graduation, homecoming, admission and other special events).
- Coordinate ongoing maintenance work and projects among staff and vendors in a manner that utilizes the College’s financial resources efficiently.
- Participates constructively in the strategic development and management of the campus plans to renovate and expand new facilities as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of three years experience as a custodial supervisor is preferred, preferably within higher education.
- Higher education, or multi-building property management preferred
- 3 years of experience managing custodian/cleaning services required.
- A valid driver’s license is mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of custodial best practices, and operational efficiencies.
- Experience in management of a multi-building campus.
- Proficiency with Windows, Word, and Excel is essential.
- Proven ability to administer multiple projects and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred.
To Apply: Please apply online with resume and cover letter.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.