Position Overview: The Facilities Department at Merrimack College invites applications for a night Custodian. The shift for this position is Monday through Friday from 3:30 pm to 12:00 am.
- Sweep, mop and scrub floors, stairs (inside and outside buildings) and other surfaces.
- Use light and heavy (industrial type) floor machines and attachments.
- Scrub, strip, wax and polish floors using heavy (industrial type) powered scrubbers and buffers.
- Vacuum rugs in offices and public areas. Shampoo rugs periodically using heavy vacuum cleaner and rug shampooing machine.
- Clean and dust furniture, items, and pictures, door trim, and white boards.
- Wash window sills, glass in corridor doors, and all glass surfaces. Wash glass and trim in entrance doors.
- Wash and/or clean interior wall spaces by hand or powered wall washing machine, working on ladders and scaffolding, as required.
- Clean and service lavatories, toilet rooms and rest rooms.
- Clean and sanitize areas that may be compromised through incidents associated with bodily fluids.
- Collect and place in containers or plastic bags trash and debris, place trash in collection area for removal by sanitation trucks.
- Replace liners in wastebaskets and trash containers.
- Move heavy furniture, supplies and miscellaneous equipment, as directed.
- Adjust, clean and oil cleaners and scrubbers and change brushes, pads, rollers, buffers and other attachments.
- Remove, wash and replace venetian blinds and wash ceiling fixtures using ladders and scaffolding.
- Report items that need repair (doors, door checks, furniture, lights, faucets, etc.).
- Sweep or shovel snow from steps and walks at building entrances and connecting walks.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer, and Merrimack College standards.
- Replenishes supplies.
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles
- Other duties as assigned.
High School graduate or equivalent. Valid driver’s license. Must be able to speak English. Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English. Bilingual preferred. Some experience with custodial work. Experience with scrubbers, buffers, and other custodial equipment.
Shift available: Monday – Friday, 3:30pm – 12:00am
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Thirty days after employment employees are required to become a member of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 633. This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.