Position Overview: The Program Manager will be responsible for leading communication and education efforts for Merrimack’s information security strategy, program oversight and architecture development. He/she will deliver Cyber Security Awareness training and evaluate the institution needs and current practices. The Program Manager will need to be passionate about driving a culture of security through training and awareness by staying up-to-date on the latest tools and resources needed to improve employee training and performance. Also, they will be responsible for researching and evaluating the best platforms to deliver and utilize training material.
- Develops and maintains appropriate data/information security policies, standards/controls, procedures and organizational awareness/programs relative to the Information Security and Cybersecurity of the College
- Identify the most critical human risks to the organization and identify changes needed to mitigate those risks. Develop and maintain a security awareness program that effectively changes those behaviors so employees and students act in a secure manner, reducing the most risk to the College.
- Conduct training needs assessments by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, work flow, and reports; understanding job-specific functions and tasks including systems used across the College.
- Regularly identify, assess, and prioritize IT risks to data and systems, including internal/external threats, cyber-crimes, and third-party risks.
- Develops and delivers Cyber Security Awareness training program including a training schedule and database of all training material. Conducts training classes by presenting job-specific, company-specific, and generic software applications and personal computer classes.
- Define and measure success metrics; Review and present updates to key stakeholders. Keep the CIO apprised of current security status including vulnerabilities or threats to the College.
- Conduct regular information security testing (i.e. social engineering testing, vulnerability, etc.) and network system testing and application vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, and remediation.
- Stay current on IT security technologies, threats and trends. Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications. Monitor new developments in Federal and State regulations applying to data privacy, the protection of personally identifiable information and cybersecurity, and maintain the College’s data privacy statement
- Partner with the office of General Counsel as well as other functional departments and and College leaders to develop and execute practices that meet defined standards for information security and other applicable regulations and laws, etc.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Equity.
- Seven (7) years previous experience with increasing level of responsibility as a trainer or within information security
- Three (3) years developing and delivering technical training
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, human resources, information technology, or related field.
- Seven years previous experience as a trainer or in information security
- Three of the seven years as a technical trainer or in information security
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation
- skills across organizational boundaries.
- Strong customer orientation and the ability to learn new technology skills quickly and develop strategies for provision of the services.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Familiar with NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) cyber security framework.
- Must be a confident public speaker
- Knowledge about traditional and modern training methods and techniques
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack college is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates are encouraged to describe in their application previous activities or interests related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 4/17/21
Position Code: 0853