Position Description & Responsibilities
The Development Associate is a full-time position that supports the Office of Development and Alumni Relations, spanning from the Office of the Vice President, to fundraising and alumni relations. The DA will collaborate with all members of the ODAR team to support staff, key donor programs and initiatives.
The Development Associate will be responsible for a portfolio of daily work as well as prioritize and execute ongoing projects from across the Office.
1. Provide administrative support to the Vice President, including but not limited to, scheduling meetings, travel, meeting preparation and projects.
2. Support the Office of Development and Alumni Relations team with day-to-date office operations.
3. Oversee and manage contract submission process.
4. Process expense reports, payment requests and purchase orders; update ODAR budget.
5. Create weekly ODAR staff meeting agendas and materials.
6. Maintain an inventory of office supplies and development materials; update ODAR calendars.
7. Assist with special donor events, donor tours and special Office of Development and Alumni Relations programs, which will include some evening and weekend work.
8. Assist with special projects such as mailings, data tracking and donor initiatives.
9. Perform other special projects related to the goals of the development team as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of work experience, preferably in the fundraising and development field.
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion as an institutional priority.
- Familiarity or ability to learn fundraising database
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- A team player, resourceful, organized and result oriented and adept at managing multiple projects and multiple project managers at once.
- Knowledge of Google Office, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Ability to represent Merrimack in a professional manner.
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends at events such as Homecoming and Reunion weekends.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application materials should include:
Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College:
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 11/28/21
Position Code: 449