About Merrimack College: One of the fastest-growing educational institutions in the country, Merrimack College is a selective, private college founded in 1947 in the Augustinian Catholic tradition. The College offers more than 100 career-focused undergraduate, professional, and graduate programs, all taught by exceptional faculty who are passionate about their subject and student success.
Guided by the Agenda for Distinction, the College’s strategic plan, Merrimack made considerable investments that have translated into increased enrollments, expanded faculty ranks, new academic degrees and programs, and renewal of the academic and campus infrastructure. The Office of Development and Alumni Relations is a team of 20 professionals in annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, corporate and foundation relations, and alumni relations. With the successful completion of Merrimack’s Together for Good campaign, which raised more than $60 million, the development team is poised to take Merrimack’s private fundraising to the next level.
Position Overview: The Development Associate is a full-time entry-level position that supports a close-knit team of 8 professionals, spanning annual to major gift fundraising. The DA will collaborate with the frontline fundraising team to help implement cultivation and solicitation strategies, prepare proposals and solicitations, set prospect meetings, as well as support key donor programs and initiatives. This is a terrific position for someone interested in a career in development.
- Work with the Assistant Vice President of Individual and Planned Giving to prepare for meetings with donors and prospects
- Help develop proposals, gift agreements, thank you letters and manage other ongoing correspondence with donors
- Help to continuously improve the frontline team’s reporting process, which currently includes weekly visit and pipeline reports
- Provide administrative support for fundraising team including data entry for visit reports and follow up strategy and editing a proofing a wide variety of donor-related communications
- Maintains the frontline fundraising calendar, schedules appointments, tours, campus visits and travel
- Assist with special donor events, donor tours and special Office of Development and Alumni Relations programs, which will include some evening and weekend work
- Process payment requests and expense reports and overall help to maintain an inventory of office supplies and development materials for the frontline team
- Perform other special projects related to the goals of the development team as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and the equivalent of 1 year of work experience, preferably in the fundraising and development field
- Familiarity with Millennium or equivalent fundraising database
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- A team player, resourceful, organized and resulted oriented and adept at managing multiple projects and multiple project managers at once
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Outgoing and professional demeanor for interacting with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.