Position Overview: The Director of First Year Experience Program manages all aspects of the First Year Experience Program. First Year Experience (FYE) is a program designed to promote the engagement and retention of first year students, consisting of three major elements: strategic course registration, a mandatory FYE course, and targeted initiatives/programs. The Director will lead the organization and execution of FYE. The Director will work closely with the FYE Faculty Co-Chair to coordinate the logistics for FYE and will also work in close collaboration with a variety of campus partners (i.e. enter for Excelling in Teaching and Learning, Fiscal Affairs, Human Resources, Office of Admission, Office of the Registrar, etc.) to promote the success of FYE. This position requires a commitment to and experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion, preferably in a higher education setting, cultural competency, and ability to relate to and to communicate effectively with students, staff, and faculty, representing diverse identities, communities and experiences
- Lead the coordination of the day to day operations of FYE (i.e. budgeting, purchasing, communications, hiring, payroll, scheduling, etc.)
- Manage a caseload of 60+ FYE Instructors and 60+ FYE Mentors (i.e. facilitate check-ins, frequent communications, and trainings)
- Steer the strategic planning for FYE (i.e. assessment, curriculum development, FYE Advisory Board meetings, etc.)
- Supervise graduate FYE Fellows
- Teach one section of FYE each semester (1 credit course)
- Participate in strategic course registration for first year students each summer
- Work with stakeholders across the college
- Coaching of a cadre of freshmen
- Master’s Degree
- 5+ years experience in higher education
- Strong organizational skills including knowledge of Google Suite of Products
- Strong people skills and ability to multitask well
- Master’s Degree in higher education or educational field
- Experience working with a First Year Experience or college transition program
- Project management experience
- Teaching experience
To Apply: Please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 6/8/21
Position Code: 0601