Position Overview: The Director of the Internship Institute will lead the strategic direction and implementation of Internship Institute at Merrimack College, a signature program of the O’Brien Center for Career Development. S/he will collaborate closely with academic partners, Student Involvement, Admission and the O’Brien Center team to develop, promote and deliver career development training for students, and guarantees internships to those participating students. The Director will be an innovative, self-directed, connected professional with a demonstrated ability to lead the strategic direction of a large, multi-faceted program in collaboration with partners on- and off-campus.
- Develop a boot-camp curriculum that infuses career development and professional core competency content in a condensed, highly interactive format
- Develop strategy and partnerships for co-curricular programming including the Living Learning Community and Student Involvement activities
- Manage the delivery and tracking of career development programming including workshops, industry experiences, career advisor appointments, and ultimately internship, co-op, and first-job fulfillment, in addition to maintaining strong working relationships with area employers to promote internship, co-ops, and employment opportunities
- Establish a comprehensive system to evaluate the success of the program and ensure students are progressing as designed throughout the duration of the program
- Manage costs and budget associated with program
- Manage the Internship and Co-op Specialist for the Internship Institute and oversee her/his responsibilities and accountability helping students create their personalized plan
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years plus of relevant experience
- Experience coordinating industry/community partnerships and placements
- Experience developing and maintaining policies and procedures relevant to experiential education programs
- Experience managing a direct report
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strategic direction, communicate that vision and ensure all key stakeholders are engaged and aligned with that vision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff and employer partners
- Collaborative and team focused working style with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a changing, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of experiential learning theories and models of practice as it relates to college students
- Excellent presentation and coaching skills required
- Strong verbal/written communication skills essential
- Strong follow-through, initiative, and willingness to work in a team in a flexible work environment
- Strong technology skills required: Blackboard; Social Media; CRMs
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.