Position Overview: Merrimack College’s School of Education & Social Policy is seeking an Administrative Director K-12 Teacher Preparation Program/Professor of Practice who will coordinate and manage administrative tasks for undergraduate and graduate K-12 teacher preparation programs.
Responsibilities will be undertaken collaboratively with the department chair, program directors, and other faculty as well as department administrative assistants and include, but are not limited to:
● Development and regular scheduling of a course sequence to reflect best practices and ensure compliance with state regulations. ● Oversight of courses scheduling process for each semester, ensuring on time completion of candidate.
● Collection and organization of required state documents from all faculty members teaching courses in the K-12 programs, from program directors, and from the PASS advising office, including program handbooks, program sheets, and other state required student artifacts.
● Review and updating of program sheets to reflect course sequences and MTEL expectations, as well as updating state documents and matrices to reflect changes as needed.
● Work closely with staff in Office of Partnership and Placements to collaborate around student needs and state compliance.
● Schedule needed training and professional development for Teacher Education faculty, staff, adjuncts and other related personnel.
● Work with staff to ensure exemplary advising and an effective method of MTEL preparation for candidates.
● Work with department chair and departmental administrative assistants and directors of other offices (PASS & Licensure & FBE) to help streamline office work-flow and maximize efficiency.
The successful candidate should have experience working in K-12 classrooms, use instructional technology effectively, and have successfully taught. Programs focus on preparing early childhood, elementary education and moderate disabilities candidates to be effective mathematics teachers for culturally and linguistically diverse students.
Qualified applicants should have successful experience in public school administration, advising, supervision of field experiences, and familiarity with the Massachusetts Elementary & Secondary School regulations.
To Apply: Review of applications will begin immediately thereafter and screening will continue until the position is filled. Please submit a letter of intent, statement of teaching philosophy, and current CV. Additional application materials such as reference letters, course syllabi, student evaluations, and samples of scholarly work will be requested from semi-final candidates.
Questions about the position can be directed to Dr. Russ Olwell, Associate Dean of the School of Education & Social Policy at email@example.com.
An increasingly diverse population is served by Merrimack College. In keeping with our core value to build a community of teacher-scholars who welcome and respect a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and perspectives, we are actively seeking to recruit and retain faculty whose teaching, research, and/or service has prepared them to fulfill our commitment to inclusion. As such, we encourage candidates to describe in their application how their teaching, research, and service contribute to diverse communities.
Merrimack College is a selective, independent four-year, residential Catholic college offering liberal arts, business, science and engineering, health sciences, and education programs. Merrimack ‘s distinguished faculty members teach a talented student body in a learning environment vigorously committed to the transforming values and benefits of the liberal arts. In the Augustinian tradition, Merrimack’s community embraces scholarship, service to others, and provides students with opportunities to develop intellectually, spiritually, socially, and ethically. Merrimack College enrolls over 4000 students and is located 20 miles north of Boston. More information on the School of Education & Social Policy can be found at http://www.merrimack.edu/academics/education/
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.