Position Overview: This Director of Business Analytics will be responsible for working with the College’s Jenzabar CX system to collaboratively develop and process report requests from inception to completion in support of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. As a member of the data team, the Director of Business Analytics will gather report requirements, perform data analysis, create and test reports, as well as, maintain reports and provide users support for the College’s Registrar and Budget and Planning Offices.
- Develop, design, revise, modify, deploy and maintain Cognos and Tableau dashboards, reports, and visualizations related to Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, and Budget.
- Develop, design, revise, modify, deploy and maintain Jenzabar CX data tables related to Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, and Budget.
- Assess and produce relevant, standard, or custom information (reports, charts, graphs and tables) from structured data sources by querying data repositories and generating the associated information.
- Develop programs and queries to access, cleanse and extract data from data warehouses and other data sources.
- Serve as a resource to train stakeholders in the use and navigation of dashboard and reports and the sense-making of data.
- Analyze business processes and recommend changes to facilitate data integrity and efficiency.
- Research and reconcile data discrepancies occurring among various information systems and reports.
- Bachelors degree required
- At least 5 years experience working in higher education
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and prioritize workload
- Strong communication skills Report writing experience in Cognos 8 or above and familiarity with Jenzabar systems
- Strong analytical skills are required
- Appreciation of diversity and an ability to work in an inclusive environment.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack college is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates are encouraged to describe in their application previous activities or interests related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Code: 0833