Position Overview: The Director of Corporate Partnerships will report to the Associate Provost of Professional & Continuing Studies. This position will responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing new business/partnership opportunities with corporate and government entities to leverage Merrimack’s education/training programs. The Director will be responsible for growing demand for credit and non-credit education programs offered by the Professional & Continuing Studies programs. Additionally, the Director will collaborate with academic members of the College to develop custom credit and non-credit programs specific to client companies’ organizational improvement initiatives. The Director will lead the implementation of a comprehensive approach towards identifying, outreaching to, engaging with, and building sustainable relationships with businesses, community organizations, and government agencies based on criteria that will support the College’s academic standards, while simultaneously advancing its growth and enrollment goals. The Director will also play a key role in leading efforts within the College that support the College’s strategic goals in the areas of access and community engagement and illustrate the College’s commitment to promoting social responsibility within the external community. The Director in this role will leverage the resources and infrastructure of existing academic programs and centers to further the College’s commitment to community engagement.
- New Business Development - Design and lead Business-to-Business strategy and operations
- Strategic Initiative Management - Facilitate an internal, multi-faceted approach for building business relationships.
- Community and Government Relations - Work closely with academic and staff members to support their community and government affairs efforts. Incorporate the local access expertise of the College with expansion and business development efforts.
- Program Analysis - Document and report on business-to-business activities between the College and industry partners.
- Master’s Degree required.
- 8+ years business development experience in a college/university setting.
- Experience engaging corporate partners, completing business transactions, and negotiating and completing major agreements.
- The ability to develop sustainable networks and productive relationships with corporate clients that result in the business for the College.
- Demonstrate superb organizational and follow-up abilities; maintain product knowledge for College educational products and factors influencing the market environment.
- Ability to identify opportunities for the College through understanding external business needs and the requirements for these organizations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and the ability to be self-motivated as well as work part of a team.
- Superior relationship building skills and ability to collaborate among senior executives of the College.
- Experience with program design, contract design, and events management.
- Must possess communication and outreach skills and methods for understanding external stakeholder goals, needs and assets that support College priorities for growth.
- Willingness to travel, primarily in and around the New England area. Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed at various times throughout the year.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.