Position Overview: Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and CMO, the Director of Digital Marketing will lead Merrimack College’s digital strategy to support undergraduate, graduate and professional studies enrollment goals and to generate awareness of the College. Partnering closely with the undergraduate and graduate marketing teams and working closely with the admission teams, this individual will develop and execute digital marketing plans aimed at generating and nurturing qualified inquiries to drive applicant conversion. Plans will include efforts such as paid search, social media, email and customer relationship manager system (CRM) strategy.
The Director is responsible for overseeing and managing Slate (Merrimack’s CRM) for marketing strategy as well as collaborating with the undergraduate and graduate admission teams on CRM approach to ensure consistency and smooth operations. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring that the College’s digital strategy is supported by current technologies and will establish best practices for day-to-day digital marketing operations as well as recommend enhancements to existing technologies and launch of new technologies. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving results and ROI across multiple digital channels including paid search, paid advertising, content marketing, purchased lists, email marketing and customer relationship management (CRM) platforms.
- Research, plan and lead execute inquiry generating digital marketing solutions for undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies new student recruitment;
- Collaborate with departmental leadership, graduate marketing and admission teams to identify target markets and recommend digital strategies to support enrollment goals;
- Partner with the undergraduate, graduate and professional studies marketing teams to integrate digital strategies into comprehensive, annual plans;
- Lead efforts to curate content plans for digital ads, landing pages and nurturing emails in close collaboration with the undergraduate, graduate and professional studies marketing teams;
- Lead the customer relationship management (CRM) strategy to nurture inquiries through rich content plans and engagement opportunities (scoring, email, A/B testing, landing pages, new features) to establish annual plans and best practices;
- Plan, allocate and track annual digital marketing budgets, recommending shifts and new approaches to maximize spends and results;
- Oversee execution of digital plans, day to day digital operations and the digital marketing team;
- Evaluate digital customer journey from inquiry to conversion to optimize the experience and support goals;
- Establish clear and measurable benchmarks/KPIs as well as regular data reporting structure for different internal constituents;
- Collaborate with digital agencies and other vendors as needed;
- Evaluate emerging technologies and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate;
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Data informed approach to developing annual plans and to supporting day to day decision making;
- Excellent command and working knowledge of paid search strategies;
- Ability to leverage audience research, data, analytics and user testing to support strategic priorities;
- Ability to think creatively, solve problems, plan directions and overcome obstacles;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with groups both internal and external to the College;
- Creative, innovative and enthusiastic about digital experimentation and testing;
- A command of best practices in digital advertising and CRM strategies;
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and budgets simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team environment and structure.
- Minimum five years working experience in digital marketing, higher education and/or agency experience preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and success in digital marketing and inquiry acquisition, with deep knowledge of current trends, best practices and tracking and measurement;
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns to engage, inform and convert;
- Experience managing a digital team with direct reports that include a diverse skillset including paid media management, analytics, creative, CRM and marketing automation work;
- Technical experience in in using CRM, email management and marketing automation, and content management (CMS) systems.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Suite.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.